I love hearing about new tools to use in my creative endeavors. Perhaps you're the same. Sometimes using a new tool can open up a world of new creative expression. A few people were asking me about what I use to create those illustrations in my art journal. While this is by no means a complete set, the following are some of the tools i'm messing around with currently.
What's in my new creative bag:
1. A set of color Pilot V Razor Points.
2. A no-name pan watercolor set I've had for years (large white one shown) and a Peacock watercolor set that was my sisters from the 80's. (Made by Binney & Smith, turns out to be "vintage")
3. A new Winsor & Newton Cotman pan watercolor travel kit.
4. Giant binder clips to help with holding wet pages down.
5. A set of Staedtler liner pens (0.1 mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm and 0.7mm).
6. Two Moleskine Classic sketchbooks larger & smaller (these are from old days. Not really liking the Moleskine reissues though).
7. A black Sharpie. (always helpful)
8. A cheapo no-name brush.
10. Kamset pocket pan watercolor set (no link available)
11. Recollections watercolor pencils (bought from Michael's)
12. Canvas carry case for pencils & misc.
13. Pencil sharpener.
The contents will probably change up (I don't have any graphite pencil sets, charcoal or pastels in here currently) but that is it for now.
Do you have a creative toolkit?
What's in your bag? Share some of your own favorite tools below!